Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Isaiah 21:11, 13, 16 - Dumah, Arabia, Kedar - Help Please?
04-16-2017, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2017 02:51 PM by StvAce.)
Question Isaiah 21:11, 13, 16 - Dumah, Arabia, Kedar - Help Please?
I've come across a certain website, shoebat.com (a militant Catholic site), where the main man, Walid Shoebat, argues that Islam, Saudi Arabia (Mecca) is Babylon, and that the Antichrist is Turkey.

Key verses in his argument, frequently quoted, are:

“Babylon is fallen is fallen” (Isaiah 21:9)
“The burden against Dumah” (Isaiah 21:11)
“The burden against Arabia” (Isaiah 21:13)
“All the glory of Kedar will fail” (Isaiah 21:16)

Apparently this person is of the opinion that because of the geographic locations of these places, this must mean that Babylon is in that area.

He states the following:

'All this makes a solid case where any other theory will simply not fit. Remember, everything needs to fit like a glove. It can’t get anymore accurate than this where we find scripture even giving the exact locations of the harlot:

“Babylon is fallen is fallen” (Isaiah 21:9).

“The burden against Dumah” (Isaiah 21:11)
“The burden against Arabia” (Isaiah 21:13)
“All the glory of Kedar will fail” (Isaiah 21:16)

Can the grasshopper point to anything that fits all these references we provided so far by confirming their theory from a historic map and fit the text to anything besides the Muslim world centered in Arabia as its spiritual center?

This is the Jesus-style question that no scoffer can answer. To do to so, they would have to exclusively use the allegoric references where they can hide their slander. It is all what grasshoppers do.

It is impossible.

And these locations all tie to this “Babylon”.' - http://shoebat.com/2017/04/15/tomorrow-y...-a-dragon/

--

So, I'd appreciate some thoughts on these verses, their meaning, and how they fit in with Babylon. Apparently he has a problem with 'allegorical' applications, so if it is allegorical, how is this to be proven?

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide (where's 'Broken2' when you need him?).

Galatians 6:14  But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2017, 03:33 PM
RE: Isaiah 21:11, 13, 16 - Dumah, Arabia, Kedar - Help Please?
Well, I'm banned from 'Shoebat.com' now, too. Apparently Walid Shoebat didn't enjoy my efforts to persuade him, and others, that Papacy was Antichrist.

He didn't like the fact, either, that I explained he was using allegory in his interpretation of the identity of the Whore of Babylon - while trying to limit others to a literal interpretation of certain texts (with prophecies that probably aren't even connected directly with the fall of Babylon).

Ah well, no skin of my nose - as the saying goes.

Galatians 6:14  But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
04-24-2017, 01:59 AM
RE: Isaiah 21:11, 13, 16 - Dumah, Arabia, Kedar - Help Please?
(04-17-2017 03:33 PM)StvAce Wrote:  Well, I'm banned from 'Shoebat.com' now, too. Apparently Walid Shoebat didn't enjoy my efforts to persuade him, and others, that Papacy was Antichrist.
Well, I would think as a "Militant Catholic", such a view (e.g. papacy being antichrist) would be an huge insult. Tongue

RR