Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
His Number is 666
02-24-2017, 08:41 PM
His Number is 666
[Image: 666_edited-1.jpg?resize=640%2C320]

His Number is 666 (Part 1)

“Some believe that every word and letter of Scriptures was divinely directed. This has led to a method of reading Scripture called “Gematria.” This is a method of adding the numeric value of each Hebrew or Greek letter in a text to determine a clue to some extended meaning of the text. Here we must be very careful not to use some value to insert a private interpretation or to fanaticize with the many mystical interpretations of the Cabalistic branch of Judaism. Any teaching must have a firm basis in the written word.

Yet there are some texts that invite our pursuit to a level deeper than the surface. And some uses of numbers do not relate to time at all. One of these is Revelation 13:18.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six, 666.”

This follows the prophetic symbols of the seven-headed beast, a two-horned beast and an image of the beast. Finally this “image of the beast” receives power to mark both small and great in the hands or forehead and to control certain commerce.

We understand the beast to represent Papacy, the Man of Sin, a most beastly church-state government. The other images are extensions of the ideology of the first beast, and even of the dragon, Pagan Rome, who fostered the whole system.

[Image: 666.jpg?resize=607%2C374]

In this verse (Rev 13:18) we are asked to “count” the number of the beast. The wordcountmeans to calculate compute or sum. It is remarkable that the Romans did not use all the letters of their alphabet for numbers, as did the Hebrews and Greeks. They used only six letters, D, C, L, X, V, and I. (M appears to have evolved from the original use of two adjacent D‘s to represent their sum of 1000.) It is even more remarkable, and perhaps significant, that the sum of these amounts to 666, and that each pair sum to the three component parts of the 666 prophetic number. Also the sum of the highest unit in each pair is 6.

D = 500

+

C = 100

=600

L = 50

+

X = 10

=60

V = 5

+

I = 1

=6

Total = 666

666 is the characteristic feature of the Roman numeral system, and perhaps is a reason this number was chosen to mark the whole Roman politico-religious system in this prophecy.

We think the meaning of the words “wisdom” and “understanding” in Revelation 13:18 Do Not refer to a cleverness to understand the formula of the number, but to the spiritual perception and wisdom in identifying the Man of Sin system and keeping separate in spirit from it. These are identified in Revelation 20:4 as those who “had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, nor in their hands” Let us be free from the spirit of antitypical Babylon.” (Beauties of the Truth, “Two Secret Numbers”, November 1994 Page 11)

Of all the professing church, only those who are able to truly identify the Man of Sin (and who have separated themselves both from it and its associates) are found to be without this mark, all others regardless of whether they understand (or believe) it or not have been marked.

Revelation 13:18Here is wisdom (Here is a feature that contains much divine wisdom and foreknowledge) Let him that hath understanding count (‘compute,’ Diaglott. -divine the significance of) the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man (a number that identifies it with a man). As the ‘one new man,’ Christ, Head and body (Eph 2:15) cannot be the one here referred to, that organization being perfect and complete from the divine standpoint, the reference must be to the other symbolic man brought to our attention in the Scriptures-the ‘ Man of Sin’; the Antichrist; and his number is Six hundred, three score and six.” The literal rendering of the Greek is 6oo, 6o, 6.

The Weymouth translation, however, suggests a little different thought: “Here is scope for ingenuity: Let people of shrewd intelligence calculate the number of the wild beast: for it indicates the number of a certain man and his number is 666.”.

“Jesus, who gave this revelation to us (Rev 1:1), well knew that this symbol could not be properly understood until about the present time, for the reason that the Image of the Beast was only made in 1846. Jesus also knew, of course, that English would be the language used by probably four- fifths of his earnest truth-seeking children, in the “time of the end.” He likewise knew that not many wise, not many great, not many learned in all languages (specifically Greek and Hebrew) would be of the chosen “little flock”. Moreover, it was his custom to adapt his teachings to the “common people,” and of this sort his Jewels have been from, the twelve disciples and since.

Therefore it would appear that the number 666, should be open to the comprehension of us all–we being the ones told to count—as much so as were the other symbolic numbers of (Daniel and Revelation) Let us try, then, to apply these figures in English.

First, then, the number is that of the [first] BEAST. Let us see whether it will apply to some of its names, that system which Paul calls the “Man of Sin” is the,

Roman Catholic Power

Count the Letters in the Name or Title, R-1, O-2, M-3, A-4, N-5, C-6, A-1, T-2, H-3, O-4, L-5, I -6, C-1, P-2, O-3, W-4, E-5, R-6 = 666

He is in Revelation likewise called a BEAST (once again count the letters in the name or title)

Roman CatholicBeast” = 666

The system is also called the “woman” (Rev 17:18)

Roman Catholicwomen” = 666

She calls herself the

Holy Catholic Church” = 666

In reality she is (Rev 17:5)

The Mother of Harlots” = 666

Thus we see that the number fits the BEAST well.

The second BEAST was anxious likewise to have exactly the same NAME, and in fact it claimed to have pre-eminent right to the name-

Holy Catholic Church” = 666

Other names, by which it is known, are-

English State Church” = 666

The Episcopal Church” = 666

Episcopalian Church” = 666

The Church of England” = 666

This application of the number, will doubtless appear to some too simple to be accepted, but thus God ever deals with us–hiding truth under the vail of its own simplicity, so that it may appear to the Greek (worldly wise) foolishness, but unto them which believe (not to those who believe without evidence, but who believe on the strongest kind of evidence –the harmony of His Word) the power of God, and the wisdom of God. (1 Cor 1:23)

The Image causes all who claim relationship, or whom it recognizes, as having a right to buy or sell– teach–to have as a creed, that which shall mark them as having either “the name” of the BEAST, or the “number” of his name–666. Many take the name and in their creeds recite, “I believe in the Holy Catholic Church= 666.

Among those who thus openly mark themselves in their forehead (by their creeds) are Episcopalians, Methodists, Presbyterians and others. But others give a seeming support (mark in their hand) to the general principal by organizing under various sectarian names. After these are blended in the IMAGE, (and no one would be admitted to membership in the Evangelical Alliance, unless he be a member of some such sect), they all are collectively known as the “Protestant Churches,” = 666.

If we ourselves for instance were to organize, though we protest more than all others against the errors of Rome, and also against the errors of the Image and second BEAST, yet we would not be reckoned one of the “Protestant churches,” because we would not be recognized as upholding the common or orthodox doctrines–They would not count our organization a church. (R323)

Continued with next post
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2017, 10:38 AM
RE: His Number is 666
By Thy Words Thou Shall Be Condemned” (Matt 12:37)

The Council of Trent, as is well known, declared the Latin Vulgate to be the only authentic version of Scripture, and doctors at the council preferred it to the Hebrew and Greek text itself—though the prophets and the apostles wrote in the latter. For over a thousand years the Roman Church Latinized everything, and to a large ex-tent still does use the Latin: in the Mass, prayers, hymns, litanies, canons, decretals, bulls, titles, inscriptions, and councils.

The “number of his [the beast’s] name” (Verse 17) is “the number of a man,” the “man of sin” (2 Thess 2:3). In other words, the first beast is the Man of Sin, the Papacy. Since according to the prophecy this mystical number is the number of a man, the suggestion is that the number is to be derived from the name or title of some particular SYMBOLIC MAN.

The most plausible explanation, noted by others, is a certain Latin title the pope has taken to himself and allowed others to apply to him. The title is “Vicarius Filii Dei,” that is, “Vicar of the Son of God.” Vicar, meaning “instead of” or “substitute,” describes the pope acting as the representative on earth of God or Christ. Jesus’ death on the Cross-is sometimes spoken of as a vicarious sacrifice, meaning a substitutionary sacrifice, namely, a man’s life for a man’s life. The letters of this title, which the Latin’s used as numerals, add up as follows:

V = 5

I = 1

C = 100

A = 0

R = 0

I = 1

V = 5

S = 0

F = 0

I = 1

L = 50

I = 1

I = 1

D = 500

E = 0

I = 1

Total = 666,

Note: In Latin the “U” of Vicarius becomes a “V,” and the double U [W] is actually a double “V.”

The following testimony that this title was formerly inscribed on the papal crown was given by the late Elder D.E. Scoles, of Washburn, Mo,

“I have met two men who declare that they have seen this specific crown; and their testimony is so perfectly in agreement that I am convinced that what they saw is true. The first man was M. De Latti, a Sabbath-keeper who had previously been a Catholic priest, and had spent four years in Rome. He visited me when I was pastor in St. Paul, Minn., several years ago. I showed him my tract, “The Seal of God and the Mark of the Beast.” He at once told me that the inscription was not correctly placed in my illustration. He stated that he had often seen it in the museum at the Vatican, and gave a detailed and accurate description of the whole crown. When my tract was published, I was ignorant of the arrangement of the words of the Latin inscription, hence, in the illustration of the crown, placed them in one line. Brother De Latti at once pointed out the mistake, and said the first word of the sentence was on the first crown of the triple arrangement, the second word on the second part of the crown, while the word Dei was on the lower division of the Triple Crown. He also explained that the first two words were in dark-colored jewels, while the Dei was composed entirely of diamonds.

During a tent meeting, which I held in Webb City, Mo., I presented the subject, “The Seal of God and the Mark of the Beast.” I used charts to illustrate it, one being a reproduction of the crown as Brother De Latti had described it. A Presbyterian minister was present, Rev. B. Hoffman, and when I described the crown, he spoke out publicly and made a statement to the congregation, saying that while in Rome studying for the priesthood, he had seen this very crown, and noted its inscription, and that the word Dei was composed of one hundred diamonds. I met him and learned his name, and visited him at his home, and was convinced from his description that this was the identical crown that Brother De Latti had seen, but which has been denied by many. I then asked him for a written statement, and he gave me the following:

“To Whom It May Concern: This is to certify that I was born in Bavaria in 1828, was educated in Munich, and was reared a Roman Catholic. In 1844 and 1845 I was a student for the priesthood in the Jesuit College in Rome. During the Easter service of 1845, Pope Gregory XVI wore a triple crown upon which was the inscription, in jewels, Vicarius Filii Dei. We were told that there were one hundred diamonds in the word Dei; the other words were of some other kind of precious stones of a darker color. There was one word upon each crown, and not all on the same line. I was present at the service, and saw the crown distinctly, and noted it carefully. In 1850 I was converted to God and to Protestantism. Two years later I entered the Evangelical Church ministry, but later in life I united with the Presbyterian Church, of which I am now a retired pastor, having been in the ministry for fifty years. I have made the above statement at the request of Elder D. E. Scoles, as he states that some deny that the pope ever wore this tiara. But I know that he did, for I saw it upon his head. Sincerely yours in Christian service, (Signed) ‘“B. Hoffman. Webb City, Mo., Oct. 29, 1906.”

The following extract is from a work entitled “The Reformation”, bearing the date of 1832:

“Mrs. A.,” said Miss Emmons, “I saw a very curious fact the other day; I have dwelt upon it much, and will mention it. A person, lately, was witnessing a ceremony of the Romish Church. As the pope passed him in procession, splendidly dressed in his pontifical robes, the gentleman’s eye rested on these full, blazing letters in front of his miter: ‘VICARIUS FILII DEI,’ the Vicar of the Son of God. His thoughts, with the rapidity of lightning, reverted to Revelation 13:18. Will you turn to it?” said Mrs. A. Alice opened the New Testament and read: “Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.” She paused, and Miss Emmons said, “He took out his pencil, and marking the numerical letters of the inscription on his tablet, it stood 666.”

“Here we have indeed the number of a man, even the ‘man of sin;’ and it is a little singular, perhaps providential, that he should select a title which shows the blasphemous character of the beast, and then cause it to be inscribed upon his miter, as if to brand himself with the number 666. The foregoing extract doubtless refers to a particular pope on a particular occasion. Other popes might not wear the title emblazoned on the miter, as there stated. But this does not affect the application at all; for the popes all assume to be the ‘Vicar of Christ’ (see Standard Dictionary under ‘vicar’), and the Latin words given above are the words which express that title, in the form ‘vicar of the Son of God;’ and their numerical value is 666.”

[Image: THE-PAPAL-CROWN.jpg?resize=640%2C440]

“The tiara, in ecclesiastical usage, is the triple crown of the pope. It is a beehive-shaped, somewhat bulging, approximately 15-inch-high headpiece preferentially made of either silver or gold cloth encircled by three coronets, with a mound and cross of gold on top and two loose pendants or streamers hanging from the back. “Tiaras of Renaissance popes were especially ornate and precious, but tiaras of some popes contained no precious stones.”

“From the 14th century the popes have worn the triple crown. The three tiers of the tiara, richly ornamented with precious stones, indicated the power of the pope over heaven by his canonizing [saints], over purgatory by his granting of indulgences, and over the earth by his pronouncing anathemas.

For these reasons the Latinized version of the mysterious cabalistic (Kabbala) number 666 is most favored as the one intended in Holy Writ. But others feel that since the Apocalypse was originally written in Greek, the mystery should be resolved in that language. Accordingly, the following alternate title, based upon uncial Aeolian Greek (Latin is of that origin), and bearing some credibility, is given for the Italian Church, that is, the Roman Church.

I = 10

T = 300

A = 1

L = 30

I = 10

K = 20

A = 1

E = 5

K = 20

K = 20

L = 30

H = 8

S = 200

I = 10

A = 1

Total = 666,

This view was sponsored by one named Pareus, who tried the substitution of every other conceivable national Church instead of Italika—Greek, Nestorian, Eutychian, Jacobite, Abyssinian, Armenian, English, Lutheran, Swedish, etc.—but no other Church answered. (The Keys of Revelation, Pages 361- 364)

To be continued.
02-27-2017, 12:36 AM
RE: His Number is 666
[Image: The-Golden-Image-of-Daniel.jpg?resize=372%2C496]

The Golden Image

There is a direct comparison to be made between the golden image of the Book of Daniel and the image of the beast in the Apocalypse. (Rev 13:18)

600 (six hundred)
60 (threescore)
6 (six)

Image of Gold Daniel 3:1

Height 60 cubits
Breadth 6 cubits

In both instances the numbers are multiples of six. Both refer to statues that are set up. Both have to do with religious worship, and in each case the penalty for failure to do so is death. A studied comparison of the detailed activity of King Nebuchadnezzar, representative of the civil or dragon element, and the actions of the beast and its image, the clerical or religious element, assists in a better understanding of the prophetic role each will follow in the near future in putting to death the last members of the body of Christ. When the two accounts are combined, the Holy Spirit furnishes a prospectus of what to expect.

Daniel 3 shows that the civil element will act as executioner. In the type, when the three Hebrews were brought before the king, they were given an opportunity to recant. Their reply was, “We are not careful to answer thee in this matter” (Dan 3:16).

In other words, when the chips are down and this issue is brought to public attention in the future, religious scruples and conscience being at stake, then a definite and positive stand will have to be taken. Prudence will no longer be expedient.

After the negative response of the three Hebrews, the king of Babylon’s visage changed, for their refusal was an affront to his authority and a wound to his prestige— and that before a large audience. The bowing to the statue was to be a display of unity. Leaders from all the various provinces were to get together and simultaneously worship the image at a given moment; i.e., when the music, a national or religious an-them, was played.

The image in Daniel was described as golden to indicate a religious symbol. The statue was most likely that of Bel. As the god of the Babylonian Empire, “Bel” was incorporated into names such as Belshazzar (Isa 46:1; Jer 50:2; 51:44; Dan 1:7; 5:1). The image of gold was set up on the plain of Dura in the province of Babylon (Dan 3:1). Since Babylon is a symbol of Christendom, Dura indicates the scene of action. In the near future in Christendom, there will be a drawing together of the peoples to make a choice. King Nebuchadnezzar did not anticipate any dissent, for he thought the circumstances warranted his receiving unanimous support. Although he did obtain a real demonstration of power, he resented the handful who opposed his order. Desiring unanimous compliance, the king gave the three Hebrews another opportunity to indicate their support and loyalty. When they declined, they were thrown into the fiery furnace.

In the type the three Hebrews were delivered miraculously; not even the smell of smoke was on their clothing. Besides the men who cast them into the furnace, the only thing destroyed was the rope or cords, which bound them. With their survival the king was “astonished” (as stone, frozen with astonishment). In the antitype, however, the Lord’s people will be delivered according to the spirit, NOT THE FLESH. It is the cords of flesh that will be burned or destroyed. Whereas the Hebrew children were physically delivered in connection with standing by their convictions and honoring God, the feet members of the body of Christ will be delivered only as new creatures; their cords of flesh will be burned (die) and they will enter beyond the veil of human experience.

The statue erected by the king of Babylon represented two things: (a) the invisible purported national god himself and (b) a physical representation of his likeness.

So in the Apocalypse, in the final analysis, two entities will be thrust before the public eye: (a) the beast and (b) his image.

The Trinity

The number 666 is composed of three 6’s. The fact that it is one number, yet contains three integers, suggests the particular doctrine to be used as a ploy in the future, namely, the doctrine of the Trinity. The Trinity will serve as a TEST upon all to determine their compliance with orthodoxy; all opposers will be eliminated from society as cultists, nonconformists, and heretics.

Note: There are many different systems of beliefs taught throughout Christendom which do not support the doctrine of the Trinity, some of which adamantly deny it, however a denial of the Trinity does not imply that the system of belief or organization is not still considered a part of Christendom. Within the bounds of Christendom (i.e. amongst those professing Christ) there are many groups, which are not accepted as being a part of organized Christianity, Orthodoxy, this however does not imply that they are not still considered a part of the great false kingdom, the Antichrist.

It should be noted that the number six, in itself, is not sinful, for the Holy City of God (Revelation 21) is replete with the multiple of six. Moreover, the basic measuring reed of the future Temple of God to be built in Jerusalem is spoken of as six cubits in length (Ezek 40:5). What makes the number 666 so detestable is that it is the counterfeit sacred number whereby the Papacy will assume again the prerogatives of Deity in the present life.

The pagan Trinitarian doctrine, as shown so profusely by Alexander Hislop’s “The Two Babylon’s”, existed many centuries prior to the introduction of Christianity into the world. This unholy and unscriptural doctrine found its way into nominal churchianity about the time of Constantine. It not only existed in Babylon but also was expressed in the complicated theology of Hinduism and Brahmanism.

Nearly a hundred years before Christ, Kalidasa, one of the most renowned poets of India, com-posed the following hymn in honor of the Trinity:

In those three Persons
The one God was shown,
Each first in place,
Each last—not one alone;
Of Shiva, Vishnu, Brahma,
Each may be first, second, third,
Among the blessed three.

(The Keys of Revelation, Pages 365, 366)

“…And I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshiped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.” (Rev 20:4)

If the scriptures state that only the faithful, the elect WILL NOT bear the mark, ask yourself, how important is it to you to know or understand (i.e. be able to identify) who or what the ANTICHRIST is, so as to be sure that you are not bearing his mark or the number of his name?

Unfortunately many professed Christians bare his MARK even now, and are totally unaware of it.

If you are waiting for your minister or your church to give you this information, you are going to be sadly disappointed. The scriptures state, “Here is wisdom, let him who has understanding (spiritual insight) calculate the number of the beast (the Antichrist), for it is the number of man: His number is 666.” (Rev 13:18)

Lastly and most importantly do not be deceived into believing the vain imaginings of those who lack understanding (spiritual understanding) who spout all matter of nonsense, claiming that the mark of the beast is or will be some kind of bar-code which is to be imprinted upon the flesh or a capsule of some kind inserted into the flesh, these are but the foolish ramblings of nominal professors, the worldly or “tare class”, who lack spiritual insight. Likewise don’t fall for the idea that it is only the world, the non-believer who is to receive this mark, this has NOTHING to do with the non-believer. This applies only to the professed followers of Christ, whether they be true or nominal. As stated the majority of those baring this mark today reside within the church nominal and are totally oblivious of it.

Ah! Yes one very last an important point, let none be deceived into believing that those who bare the mark of the beast or the number of his name are eternally lost. Possessing the mark of the beast does not in any way deny one the opportunity of salvation that has already been secured to ALL through the ransom sacrifice of Christ. However baring the mark does preclude one from reigning with Christ as a member of the very elect and body of Christ.