Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Great Pyramid at Giza - of God or of the Devil?
05-15-2017, 09:52 AM
RE: The Great Pyramid at Giza - of God or of the Devil?
(05-14-2017 11:31 PM)gungadout Wrote:  ...

Were it to be true that God did place a witness in the stars, it would definitely be an interesting way of declaring the end from the beginning, would it not?

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. (Psalms 19:1)

Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth. (Isaiah 40:26)

-------

It's safe to say that there is written a 'witness' in the stars above.

Galatians 6:14  But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2017, 09:34 AM
StvAce:
Quote:The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. (Psalms 19:1)

Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth. (Isaiah 40:26)

-------

It's safe to say that there is written a 'witness' in the stars above.

Well might we add Psalm 147:4:
Quote:He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names.

The wonders of the discovered observable universe are indeed wonderful (no pun intended), and the more that is discovered, the more the greatness its Creator can be realised.

However, considering that God has named all the stars in all the galaxies (already discovered, and yet to be discovered, by Man – billions upon billions of them), the question remains: Did God also name specific groups of stars for a specific purpose, and reveal those names to early mankind, as well as the names of certain individual stars, as part of that purpose?

The only way to be sure is to investigate the matter with an open mind – not reject the idea because it is different, or because it lies outside what we might term our accepted religious comfort zones.

Now, once again, with respect to having an opened-minded look at the evidence, who is up for it?

The High Calling - First of all you Gunga Din. Afterwards you gungadout.
Find all posts by this user
05-16-2017, 11:39 AM
(05-16-2017 09:34 AM)gungadout Wrote:  ...

Now, once again, with respect to having an opened-minded look at the evidence, who is up for it?

Present your evidence...

Galatians 6:14  But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
05-16-2017, 09:54 PM
StvAce:
Quote:Present your evidence...

It is not my evidence.

I have merely suggested that the evidence, which can readily be accessed by anyone open to considering it, is worthy of review.

However, there is a shortcut that can be taken to establish truth of concept.

When researching something, I spend at least as much time reviewing submissions from detractors as I do reviewing submissions from advocates.

But I look for something special. I look for dishonesty, including the focussing on say, one possible weakness while ignoring a plethora of strengths, and other diversionary tactics. When I see that sort of thing, I know that the person indulging in those tactics knows that they have to do so, because the position which has their emotional loyalty is actually weak; they cannot logically assail the evidence being presented by the other side.

I am constantly subjected to that sort of thing in “normal” “Christian” forums where I post. I simply point out what the Bible says about certain things that are brought up, and ask about the meaning of passages and verses presented by others, when they are read carefully. I also ask how some passages from which verses have been quoted out of context, actually fit into that church’s doctrine; which of course they don’t.

It’s actually fun watching the verbal wriggling and squirming in the responses. I also find the anger, attempted intimidation, and occasional false accusations, somewhat amusing.

------------------------------------------------

So all SvAce (if he has a mind to openly investigate the matter) and anyone else (who may have some curiosity or interest) has to do up front, is review websites that oppose the idea of the Gospel being presented in the stars, and look for the various diversionary tactics being employed. They are there, and they prove that the detractors themselves believe that they have no other method of portraying the concept as questionable.

If the diversionary tactics appear not to be evident to anyone, then it would appear that that person could well be pigeon-holed along with those people from the “normal” churches who read the Bible and only see evidence that supports their particular cherished beliefs.

Did God arrange for a mute witness in stone to be constructed (Great Pyramid)? Did God arrange for a second mute witness to be constructed in its vicinity (the Sphinx)? Did God reveal celestial names of His own choosing to early mankind? If so, for what purpose?

The High Calling - First of all you Gunga Din. Afterwards you gungadout.
Find all posts by this user
05-17-2017, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2017 09:19 AM by StvAce.)
(05-16-2017 09:54 PM)gungadout Wrote:  ------------------------------------------------

So all StvAce (if he has a mind to openly investigate the matter) and anyone else (who may have some curiosity or interest) has to do up front, is review websites that oppose the idea of the Gospel being presented in the stars, and look for the various diversionary tactics being employed. They are there, and they prove that the detractors themselves believe that they have no other method of portraying the concept as questionable.

If the diversionary tactics appear not to be evident to anyone, then it would appear that that person could well be pigeon-holed along with those people from the “normal” churches who read the Bible and only see evidence that supports their particular cherished beliefs.

Did God arrange for a mute witness in stone to be constructed (Great Pyramid)? Did God arrange for a second mute witness to be constructed in its vicinity (the Sphinx)? Did God reveal celestial names of His own choosing to early mankind? If so, for what purpose?

Thanks for the follow up. And I also appreciated your thoughts on how you approach matters that you research (doctrine related).

Anyway, I'd have to say that currently I'm not really inclined to dig into the matter much further (regarding gospel being written in stars). Partly because what you have presented me with scripturally, one Hebrew word in one passage, really isn't saying much to me. Whereas, at least on the matter of the pyramid, there is arguably much more support in scripture for this particular stream of thinking.

As it is, I personally don't see the need for either the pyramid or some message written into the stars. It appears to me that from the day that Jesus preached, to the literal writing of the Gospels (on parchments, etc.), this method (witness) has been all that is needed - nothing else required (never did Jesus or the disciples refer to either the stars or a pyramid as a 'second witness').

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. (1 Corinthians 2:2)