Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My situation
12-25-2016, 01:29 PM
My situation
I thought I would share with the friends here my current situation.

The day after Thanksgiving 2014, at the request of my now ex-wife I move out, in that time I moved approximately 6 times. She filed for divorce and in May 2016 it was finalized.

I put in for a transfer. How it works is the Postal Service has a website where you can request a transfer to whatever state and city, when an opening comes up, you will be contacted, if you accept a start date is arrived at and that pretty much sums it up.

I transferred to Indiana, where I have friends and brethren nearby. When I arrived, I find out that my route was abolished, and I was never notified. In fact I actually visited the office a month in advance, and the supervisor there assured me everything was fine. A week later I spoke to the Postmaster and he assured me everything was fine. But when I get there I find out that everything was NOT fine and that I had no route. After 22 years in the Postal Service, I was in a new office starting from the bottom. They were abusing me, treating me like a newbie, as if I don't know my rights. I've been working 12 hours days, I haven't had a day off since I got here. I'm living in a hotel because I have no time to find a place of my own.

My union rep is useless. I'm just sore all over, my feet hurt and I'm aggravated. And I can sure use your prayers.

RR
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2016, 01:47 PM
RE: My situation
(12-25-2016 01:29 PM)RR Wrote:  I thought I would share with the friends here my current situation.

The day after Thanksgiving 2014, at the request of my now ex-wife I move out, in that time I moved approximately 6 times. She filed for divorce and in May 2016 it was finalized.

I put in for a transfer. How it works is the Postal Service has a website where you can request a transfer to whatever state and city, when an opening comes up, you will be contacted, if you accept a start date is arrived at and that pretty much sums it up.

I transferred to Indiana, where I have friends and brethren nearby. When I arrived, I find out that my route was abolished, and I was never notified. In fact I actually visited the office a month in advance, and the supervisor there assured me everything was fine. A week later I spoke to the Postmaster and he assured me everything was fine. But when I get there I find out that everything was NOT fine and that I had no route. After 22 years in the Postal Service, I was in a new office starting from the bottom. They were abusing me, treating me like a newbie, as if I don't know my rights. I've been working 12 hours days, I haven't had a day off since I got here. I'm living in a hotel because I have no time to find a place of my own.

My union rep is useless. I'm just sore all over, my feet hurt and I'm aggravated. And I can sure use your prayers.

RR

You have mine my brother, as you said elsewhere patience my brother patience.

I would say, for all you know the Lord was testing you, but we both know that is exactly what's going on here. You have consecrated your all to the Lord, now once again he would test you to see just how much you would be willing to sacrifice, to suffer for him.

This is the important point, you must ever keep in mind that you are doing this (suffering hardships) for his sake, not simply as is common to all mankind. From the moment your consecration was excepted your every step has been overseen by the Lord, how you respond, the choices you make are all being judged.

"Here is the patience (the waiting, the enduring) of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus." Rev 14:12

May the Lord bless you in your trials.
12-26-2016, 03:03 AM
May I add my support and prayers Rolando! I also went through a difficult divorce. I also lost my second wife tragically in 2010 from many years of disease and cancer. I was married last year to wonderful lady from my past and could not be happier. My point being that after my second wife died I lived alone for 3 years it was the worse time in my life but I never lost faith and like always God came through by his time frame and blessed me greatly. Hang in there my friend brotherly love and prayers always!
Michael Jacob
Find all posts by this user
12-27-2016, 12:11 PM
Well the good news is ... if this never gets rectified, all I have to do is "suck it up" for 2 years, and I can take an early retirement, not without it's penalties, but at least I won't have to put up with all the ... well you know.

RR
03-04-2017, 07:56 AM
Well, back on January 31, I had my closing, and got the keys to my new home, it's taken about a month to finally furnish the house, now all it needs is a little decorating. The last of the furniture arrived today.

Br, Mark Chastain and I flew to New Jersey on the "red eye", grabbed a taxi to a hotel which was right next door to the storage unit where all my personal belongings were. He complained about all my books, over 100 boxes and bins, they are all in the garage. I'll be sorting through them as time allows.

I ebayed most of my JW books, and still have lots more to get rid of. I don't want to grow old and leave this mess to family and friends to sort through.

The job situation is still the same, but that will change before the summer arrives, and I should have a regular mail route to call my own.
06-13-2017, 02:43 AM
I am so sorry dear brother; I know the pain of loosing your family and changing addresses on a frequent basis for reasons you don't care to want; so you have my complete sympathy/empathy throughout this trial and my prayers were with you...
06-19-2017, 10:01 AM
Thanks Sis, well, thinks are somewhat better. I finally did get my own route. It's much longer. On a good day it's 9 hours long. Management knows it but they pretend that it's a normal 8 hour route and tell me when I should leave the office and get back from delivering. I just look at them and say "sure ... I'll be back, when I get back." which is usually around 7 or later. I get home, take a shower, make dinner and usually go to bed. The last thing I want to do is unpack boxes. I managed to find the books that were important to me, Reprints, Volumes and commentaries.