Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Greetings
12-04-2016, 12:07 AM
Greetings

Greetings my friends happy to see Brother Rolando’s Bible Student Forum up and running again, I believe this will be the third version of this forum in which I have had the privilege of being a part.

We are admonished not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together and so much the more as we see the day drawing nigh, however for many brethren, including myself forums like this one provide the only means of access to the rest of the brethren, to those of like precious faith.

It is said, “To be apart from the body is to be apart from its head”, and as we see the Great Storm approaching we need all the support we can get from one another, every enticement, every admonishment, every encouragement possible, for dark times are ahead. Although it is our privilege to preach the glad tidings of the kingdom to come we would be amiss in our duties as Watchmen were we not likewise to warn of the impending storm coming.

“The morning cometh, and also the night (a night of clouds and thick darkness)…” Isa 21:12

It is important that each of us insures that we have on the full armor of God if we are to withstand in this evil day, especially with what is coming. In olden day’s soldiers needed help putting on their armor and so likewise do we, this help we receive from the brethren, this comes not only through their love and encouragement, but likewise from their reproofs and corrections when we stray from the way, from the truth.

As we near the end of the Gospel age we understand that the majority of the “Little Flock”, the faithful, the tried and proven have already passed beyond the vail, and that although some of these yet remain the greater percentage we believe are now of the Great Company class. The time is getting closer for Elijah (the last of the “feet of him”) to be taken up in the “whirlwind” (the Great Storm, i.e. the great time of trouble), therefore it is prudent that we remain close to one another for we know not for sure of which class we are to be relegated perchance we are of the second.

If this be so only those who stick close to the Elijah class (their more faithful brethren, the “wise virgins”) to the very end, who see (i.e. perceive) their being taken from them will be blessed with a double portion of Elijah’s spirit, and with the mantel of Elijah thus able to rendered aid to their more numerous brethren soon to be freed from Babylon when it meets its final demise in the great time of trouble coming.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2016, 01:35 PM
RE: Greetings
Welcome Br. John, so good to have you back with us. Look forward to discussing God's plan with you.

RR
12-22-2016, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2016 02:01 PM by sage41.)
Hello, Broken2 (brother John); long time, no see, as the saying goes.. I will attempt to get on more often in the coming months, but must say I am so happy to see you here!Smile
12-23-2016, 12:59 PM
Looks like the gang is reforming
12-23-2016, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2016 01:10 PM by Broken2.)
(12-23-2016 12:59 PM)RR Wrote:  Looks like the gang is reforming

Looks that way RR, however we are still missing a few, I especially miss our lively discussions with Victor.

I did have a question RR concerning why my status I note it is stated as Junior Member, rather than Bible Student, I have been a member of I believe three of your forums dating from 2004. At 55 I like being referred to as Junior, but...you know.
12-23-2016, 03:03 PM
(12-23-2016 01:02 PM)Broken2 Wrote:  

Looks that way RR, however we are still missing a few, I especially miss our lively discussions with Victor.

I did have a question RR concerning why my status I note it is stated as Junior Member, rather than Bible Student, I have been a member of I believe three of your forums dating from 2004. At 55 I like being referred to as Junior, but...you know.

Either you need reputation or you need a promotion from RR...

Galatians 6:14  But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
12-23-2016, 11:05 PM
(12-22-2016 01:57 PM)sage41 Wrote:  Hello, Broken2 (brother John); long time, no see, as the saying goes.. I will attempt to get on more often in the coming months, but must say I am so happy to see you here!Smile

Good to see you again too my Sister, hope life has been good, and that you have continued to grow in the knowledge and understanding of our Lord’s Word. I have noted a few familiar faces here from previous forums, such as bromarkc and Steven (StvAce) Steven and I had a discussion on second death back then too. I still have all our discussions saved on my computer as they provide material for future discussions alone similar lines.

I recall one of your and my last discussions was concerning Daniel Chapter 11, in regards to the King of the North and of the South and the Time of the End. I was thinking of reposting that material as it was a good study of prophecy leading up to the Time of the End and the Standing up of Michael (i.e. our Lord's return).
12-25-2016, 12:45 AM
(12-23-2016 03:03 PM)StvAce Wrote:  
(12-23-2016 01:02 PM)Broken2 Wrote:  

Either you need reputation or you need a promotion from RR...

OK, I figured it out its under your profile, there you can change your designation.